Each year do you feel like you make a New Year’s resolution to get your body in shape for Spring Break but for some odd reason, you could never reach your fitness goals?
You say something along the lines of, “New Year, New Me” and then you believe off the strength of that phrase, you will magically have a body like Teyana Taylor.
Getting in shape takes more than the desire to want a fit and sexy body. You must work hard! For starters, you must make sure you have a balanced diet consisting of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
Heavily note that you should consistently track your calorie intake through a fitness tracker; you can download the “my fitness pal” app by Under Armor. Additionally, meal prep to achieve the best calorie intake results. It will save you a lot of time!
Now here are a few workouts that will help you jump-start your spring break routine:
1. Squat: Plant your feet flat onto the floor and keep your back straight. Start by ascending your body downward. Allow your hips to drop before you bend your knees. You can do this while holding a dumbbell or cowbell. Squats will target your leg, glute, hips and abdominal muscles.
2. Forearm Plank: Get into a push-up position. Place your forearms on the ground and be sure to align your elbows with your shoulders. Make sure you tighten your abdominen and glutes to stabilize your body. Then hold this position for one minute or more per rep. The forearm plank will help to target your abdominal, glute and thigh muscles.
3. Glute Bridges: Get into a sit-up position with your knees bent. Place your hands and feet flat on the ground. Push your hips upwards while squeezing glutes. The glute bridge firms the glutes and stablizes the core.
4. Russian Twists: Sit down while slightly leaning backward. Then elevate your legs. Make sure your squeezing your abs and twist your body left-to-right. This exercise can be performed while using dumbbells. The Russian Twist will work your abdomen and lower back.
5. Lunges: Position one foot forward and bend the knee of the back leg. Make sure that you squeeze your abs and glutes. Then pulsate your body up and down. You want to switch sides while doing this exercise. The lunge works out your glutes, lower leg, and and thigh muscles.