Now more than ever before, traveling has become more accessible to everyday people. Although, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you can afford it, but with these tips and tricks, make your traveling dreams become a reality!
- Transportation- this is first and foremost possibly one of the biggest expenses to traveling anywhere in the world. When looking up deals for flights; make sure you put your browser in incognito mode. This allows for you to look up flight prices without sites attaching cookies, and raising your prices the next time you look. This even goes for experiences, buying clothing, and anything you can pretty much buy on the internet!
- Planning- whenever you decide to take a trip somewhere planning it out is inevitable. Be smart by allowing yourself enough time to save up for your next travel destination, the bigger the trip the longer you should give yourself to save up. Try to save your hundreds and spend your dollars, this is one of the quickest ways to save up your hard-earned money. For example, if you earned $383.00 for your paycheck, try to save the $300.00 and spend the $83.00. Whenever planning your trip, make sure to take the season into account, if you go at off times in the year, it can be way more affordable.
- Staying- Whenever you’re looking for a place to stay at your favorite spot, make sure you’re taking into account how long you’ll be there, sometimes prices are cheaper if you decide to stay a Monday-Friday instead of on the weekends. Call places and see if they offer any discounts for staying at the hotel, such as military, student, and any offers they may possibly have available. Look into staying with Airbnb, sometimes the rates are much cheaper and a better deal than hotels. You can even try couch surfing, but be careful, when doing this. You can crash at people’s houses for free, but safety when staying anywhere; especially somewhere you’re not familiar with, should be your main priority.
- Take on extra projects to make extra cash, you could become an Instacart shopper or a Door Dash delivery employee. Find side gigs and jobs that you can do in your free time and put that towards your trip!
- Budget- Extremely important if you’re staying on the tighter side of your wallet during your trip! Plan to spend money on activities, food, transportation, and staying. Consider staying at an all-inclusive resort or cruise to make it to your preferred destination. This will take care of all your expenses and all your worries for the entire trip, as everything is paid for and available to you. If you’re traveling internationally; take into account the currency, and whether or not you’re gaining or losing money whenever you convert your cash. Check to see if there are payment plans available for your trip. Instead of paying all at once, or popping everything on your credit card, try to pay monthly. This will allow you to afford that trip in a manner, which you can afford and still take care of your priorities in the meantime.
Last but not least enjoy! A vacation is for fun, and if you take everything into account, you’ll be more than able to enjoy it! Thanks for reading my friends, vaca-away!