Summer seasons oozes positivity, excitement, and adventure. Events like music festivals, carnivals and much more are really enjoyable during the sunny season but they can be so expensive. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best ways to embark on your summer journey at practically no expense. Check out these summer ideas below for a summer filled itinerary that does not hurt your wallet!
Attend a free workshop
- Clubfreetime.com and ClassPass.com have a number of events and workout studios that you can attend in NY for little to nothing. These include Pilates, Tai-Ching, Aquaponics 101, Yoga and more.
Movie Nights at the Park!
- Everyone loves to catch a free movie. Check out Movies night at Bryant Park presented by one of the major streaming services — Netflix. Just be sure to arrive early to get a good seat!
- 2019 marks the 11th year that Good Morning America is hosting its Summer Concert Series. All concerts are free, open to the public and take place on Fridays from 7 – 9 AM. This is concert series invites a number of high profile artists, such as Chance the rapper, Coldplay, and more. Click here for 2019’s lineup.
Be Part of the Studio Audience
- See your favorite shows up close and personal. NYC is home to The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Saturday Night Live and more.
Kayaking on the Hudson
- The Downtown Boathouse is back and providing free access to the harbor through their kayaking programs. You and your loved ones could have the opportunity to sail the Hudson River like true pros free of charge!
The Summertime is approaching, June 23 is only a few weeks away and what better way to prepare for the summer events than to budget!