2021 can be described as better than 2020, but still not great.
Some might even argue 2021 was worse than 2020, a year where we faced the start of a raging pandemic and a renewed fight for racial equality.
We welcomed 2021 with open arms in hopes that it would give us a glimmer of normalcy. But 2021 left many feeling hopeless.
While 2021 was a year filled with heartache, there were moments to remind us to smile within each challenging moment.
Let’s take a look at 21 moments of good news in 2021:
- Bernie Sanders turned his inauguration meme into a sweatshirt for charity, raising nearly 2 million dollars!
- The UK eliminated the ‘tampon tax’ – a tax on period products!
- Illinois became the first state to end wealth-based pre-trial detention!
- Taylor Swift reclaimed her music by re-recording and re-releasing her albums, “Fearless” and “Red,” which included new music and a 10-minute version of “All Too Well.”
- The U.S. reached its goal of administering 100 million covid vaccines in just 58 days!
- Virginia officially became the 23rd state in the U.S. to abolish the death penalty!
- Adele gave fans comfort with her new album, “30”.
- New Mexico became the second state in the U.S. to ban qualified immunity!
- Beyonce set a new Grammy’s record for most wins by a female artist.
- The return of live music!
- The return of Broadway shows!
- Virginia became the 16th state in the U.S. to legalize recreational cannabis.
- Every public school in California began offering free breakfast and lunch to students!
- Lil Nas X used his music video for “Industry Baby” to raise money for the Bail Project!
- Viola Davis made Oscar history as the most-nominated Black actress of all time.
- France announced that they will offer free birth control to all women up to the age of 25 beginning January 1, 2022!
- Mexico became the first country in North America to ban cosmetic testing on animals!
- AMC movie theaters announced that they’ll add captions to screens at 240 locations!
- Noodle, the pug earned the world’s love with his TikTok prediction of “bones” or “no-bones” days, so we knew when to go after our day or take time to recharge.
- The FDA will permanently allow abortion pills to be delivered by mail!
- And the best news of all, you made it through the year!
Despite all the struggles and heartaches, you made it! Here’s to 2022, a year hopefully filled with a little more normalcy and love.