Hitmaker Rihanna breaks yet another record when Apple publishes that she is the first female to surpass 2 billion streams on Apple Music. She beat out Taylor Swift, who came in second, and Beyonce who came in third. The news was announced on International Woman Day and two weeks after the singers 30th birthday. What a great happy belated gift!
She is setting standards and paving the way for all females with her confidence, free spirit, and sex appeal. From music, fashion and beauty, Rihanna is definitely a force to reckoned with.
Let’s Recap: A FEW Records Rihanna has broken.
1. Beats Michael Jackson record of Most Number One hits; with only the Beetles and Mariah Carey above her.
2. First artist to hit 100 million digital sales
3. Most number one pop songs by a woman on the Billboard charts
4. Fastest time for an album (ANTI) to go platinum.
5. First women to ever reach over 2 billion views on VEVO
6. First women to ever win shoe of the year (Puma Creepers).
7. First women of color to be the face of Dior.
The “ Love On the Brain” singer is basically one of the faces of the feminist movement and breaking all the rules in only the best ways. Respect the Rihanna era.