Threading has become one of the most popular techniques of hair removal in the eyebrow and upper lip region. Whereas, waxing has become a trending technique for the bikini, leg, underarm, back, and other large areas of the body. It may come as a challenge when figuring out the best form of hair removal especially in an era that is embracing laser hair removal. Well, TUC readers you are in luck because we have compiled a list of pros and cons for both threading and waxing!
- Threading plucks at each hair one-by-one from the hair follicle for a cleaner finish
- Results last longer
- Avoidance of harsh chemicals such as carcinogenic parabens and dangerous dyes
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- Less skin damage
- Discomfort or pain
- The friction from the thread can cause cuts or burns if it is not performed by a professional
- Estheticians are not required to have a license in threading
- A longer period before you see any regrowth.
- Waxing can thin the unwanted hair
- The potential to burn the follicles and skin
- Less hair will grow back but I guess that is not so bad if it is not your eyebrows.
- Skin irritation